Journey Down A Country Road

"Journey Down A Country Road", 18 x 23", Pastel over Watercolor on watercolor paper.

Journey Down A Country Road

There is a rural road I often travel down with my camera, usually in the morning, sometimes late afternoon. The road is kind of long and winding. There is always an abundance of interesting sights to discover on this road which includes lots of cactus - sometimes blooming, sometimes full of purple pears. Periodically, they appear green and thorny while other times shriveled and dead.  There is a low water crossing that is, on occasion, really full, yet now and then, it seems content to watch the over flow of water trickle lazily across it's path. I've seen cattle sleeping, eating or looking at me through a barbed wire fence. I’ve seen horses, dogs, and hawks. There are meadows thick with wildflowers, ponds, streams and old weathered fences, gates and barns, once useful, now quietly sad and broken down.

I love this old road. I see it as my life’s journey driving down this dusty, country path.
It is ever changing, always diverse, with unexpected discoveries that fill the landscape. When it rains it might be difficult to navigate and in some instances impassable. Occasionally, it feels very sad and lonely here while other times incredibly peaceful, but always, ultimately, so extraordinarily beautiful.

God is everywhere on this road that I am traveling on and I am so blessed to be on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty

"Plum Prickly" ,  Pastel Unexpected Beauty It’s a mystery to me why I am so drawn to painting cactus. I’ve always thought ...