Monsters in the Studio

Monsters in the Studio

Much like the closet you hurriedly open and hurl your tennis shoes, racket and sports bag into then slam the door shut before it has a chance to come crashing back out again, such has my studio become in the last few months of 2008. Due to new unforeseen responsibilities in my life, my studio has taken the main brunt of the
kayos swirling around me recently. Nothing horrible, but things happen sometimes that we just have to rein back in and get control of. Thank goodness for new beginnings! The first thing I did was to purchase a nice big filing cabinet. When I researched prices, however, they were totally out of my league. Almost by accident, I stopped by an Office Furniture Express store and found a used 4-drawer, lateral filing cabinet in excellent condition for the same price as a brand new one half the size. I saved close to $400 and was ecstatic to say the least!!

I've got to say, ALWAYS consider "used" when planning a purchase. You will be amazed, as I was, at the savings you can find without sacrificing quality.

I will post a "before" picture of my studio soon, but only when I can show the "after" photo as well. Some monsters in the closet are just too scary to look at until you've gotten control over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty

"Plum Prickly" ,  Pastel Unexpected Beauty It’s a mystery to me why I am so drawn to painting cactus. I’ve always thought ...