Last Morning on the Bay

"Last Morning on the Bay", Image Size 14 x 18", Pastel Over Watercolor.

"Last Morning on the Bay"

If you've read my blog in the past, you've probably seen me write about my family's floating fishing cabin. Usually the very last morning on the bay before we leave always ends up being the most beautiful day of all. It never fails. If we had a line in the water we would probably be catching fish too. There are lots of chores to do before we head out and that's really the last thing any of us wants to do because no one is ready to leave. One of the chores, however, that is very important, is hanging the jugs up on the deck. If you are wondering what this is all about, it serves as a deterrent to keep the Herons away from the deck where they love to mark their territory! The wind and movement of the floating cabin keeps the jugs swinging back and forth and scares the birds away, that's in theory at least. Keeping our fingers crossed might prove to be just as effective!

"Last Morning on the Bay" will be on display at Cappy's Restaurant, 5011 Broadway, San Antonio, Tx until  Dec. 2, 2018. It is part of my current exhibit there titled "The Tranquil Colors of Light".

1 comment:

  1. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted
    at this web page is genuinely nice.

    ReplyDelete

Unexpected Beauty

"Plum Prickly" ,  Pastel Unexpected Beauty It’s a mystery to me why I am so drawn to painting cactus. I’ve always thought ...